Follow Our Fasting Instructions for Doctor360 Blood Tests
We provide House call and Workplace blood tests. To order Call Us
- The day before blood test avoid all alcohol as this will have an effect on the liver function enzymes.
- Eat as healthily as possible the day before, avoid all heavy fatty foods such as ice cream, pies and coconut cream curries etc. This can have an effect on your cholesterol just over a day or so.
- Allow a good 8 to 12 hours for the fast. For example if your appointment is at 7.00am then have your normal meal and stop eating at 7.00pm to 9.00pm. Do not over fast as this can have a negative effect upon your results.
- Fasting does not include water. Water is allowed at all times. We advise to drink plenty of water in the morning as your system is de-hydrated at this time. It also makes it easier taking your blood test.
- Take any medications you have been prescribed to take, they will not have an effect on the test. If in doubt please call us
- Avoid exercise before your blood test as in some rare instances the elevated muscle enzymes after heavy exercise have mistakenly looked like a possible cardiac event. Gym is ok approximately an hour afterwards though and you may go about your life as normal.
Doctor360 life also has a fact sheet regarding dietry help for general health and cholesterol lowering.